Thank you for being a vital part of WABE 2023 in Vancouver! Your support was key to our success, and we’re excited to build on that momentum for WABE 2024 in Edmonton. 🎉
Why Edmonton? We’re committed to staying accessible to local technicians in major markets and forging new connections that we hope will continue to support our conference year after year. These efforts are especially crucial as we gear up for our 75th birthday celebration in Calgary in 2025 – set to be our grandest event yet!
Save the Date! Mark your calendars for an autumn extravaganza Sept 23-25 in Edmonton at the JW Marriott Ice District! Stay tuned for more details on the event format, pricing, and more coming in February!
Special Mixer Event Alert! Don’t miss our Free Monday May Media Mixer in Winnipeg – an accessible local event that gathers a community of professionals working in the industry together. Monday May 6th, at the Canadian Brewhouse on Keaston. Register to come or sponsor our event now!
WABE has a new strategic plan, vision and mission. During our post-event Vendor meeting, we took several decisions to drive the organization forward. These are the highlights.
- WABE has a new 5-Year strategic plan and a refreshed vision that will help guide and lead the organization as we develop and shape the future of the organization.
- Our mission is to connect and bring together the media and entertainment technology community and reflect their ideas, making WABE a central meeting place for the industry.
- We have revamped our sponsorship models to provide our vendors and sponsors with the most engagement possible at the event with different budget options.
- We are working on new contact lead sharing initiatives to deliver on our promise of an increased ROI for the event for all our exhibitors, sponsors and attendees.
- We’re giving a boost to our social media presence and we´ll be reinstating the successful Free Exhibit Hall Pass to encourage a much greater audience and attendance at the show.
WABE’s Commitment to Education More big news from WABE 2023 in Vancouver – we’ve helped launched the SAIT (Southern Alberta Institute of Technology) online MET (Media and Entertainment Technology program! This is just the start of our enhanced focus on education within our industry.
Also, get ready for the revival of the WABE Scholarship Fund at our 2024 Edmonton Convention. We’re reigniting connections with educational institutions to boost student involvement and spotlight our sector’s vibrancy.
WABE is evolving. Born from the expertise of broadcast engineers, we’re now expanding to include all who use and innovate with our technologies. As the industry landscape shifts, WABE adapts, keeping our core values and community spirit strong.
Your role in this journey? Absolutely vital. As we approach our 75th anniversary, your involvement shapes the future of WABE.
Your Participation Matters
Join us as we move the organization forward. Together, we’ll inspire a new generation of professionals and continue to make WABE a beacon of innovation and collaboration. Your insights are invaluable. If you haven’t yet, please take a moment to share your thoughts in our Exhibitor & Sponsors Feedback form. Your input shapes our future plan!
Stay Connected ?
Catch all the latest updates on social and our website
We’re thrilled to embark on this new chapter with you.
All My Best Regards,